domingo, 26 de diciembre de 2010

Albert Collins & Barrelhouse,Live1978


ALBERET COLLINS & BARRELHOUSE
Live
December 28,1978

First, this is an excellent live Albert Collins' concert, recorded on December 28, 1978, with the backing of the Dutch group Barrelhouse. Good live recordings of Collins from the 70s (he'd just finished his first Alligator album, Ice Pickin') are rare and this is a very good one. He sings lead vocals on all of the songs but two, Blue River Rising and Cock it on the Wall. He plays a Guitar Slim song, Things I Used to Do, that I never heard before. I've been a big Collins fan since I purchased "Trucking With Albert Collins" in 1969; he's my favorite Blues guitarist.
Highly recommended!

Albert Collins - Guitar,Vocals
Tinake Schoemaker - Vocals
Johnny Laporte - Guitar
Guus Laporte - Guitar
Han Van Dam - Piano
Tony Vos - Saxophone
Bob Dros - Drums
Jan Williem Sligting - Bass

Tracks
1-Frosty
2-Honey Hush
3-I've Got A Mind To Travel
4-Don't Lose Your Cool
5-Blue River Rising
6-Cock It On The Wall
7-Conversation With Collins
8-Keep Your Business Straight
9-Things I Used To Do









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario