sábado, 1 de enero de 2011

Eric Burdon & Jimmy Witherspoon - Black & White Blues


ERIC BURDON & JIMMY WITHERSPOON
Black & White Blues


This album originally came out in 1971 on Far Out Productions, an MGM label. It was titled "Guilty". Eric Burdon of "The Animals" fame teamed up with the blues legend Jimmy Witherspoon. When I first heard this in 1971 I was blown away, and it's still knocking me out. My favorite song is "Have Mercy Judge". I was probably under the influence at the time but damn was that song powerful. Well I haven't been under the influence since that time period and you know what? That song still kicks my .... The price of the cd is worth it for just that one song, but of course there is so much good music here. The band is good and the two blues men compliment each other nicely on vocals. If you like Eric, like I like Eric, you'll say, oh my god, Have Mercy on me Eric I can't stand it if it gets any better. Buy this cd and you'll be driving to work in the morning singing, "Have mercy, I'm in a world of trouble, being held by the Highway Patrol" ”


Tracks
01-I've Been Drifting-Once Upon A Time
02-Steam Roller
03-The Laws Must Change
04-Have Mercy Judge
05-Going Down Slow
06-Soledad
07-Home Dream
08-Headin' For Home
09-Time Has Come

Eric Burdon - Vocals
Jimmy Witherspoon - Vocals
Bob Mercereau, Lee Oskar - Harmonica
Papa Dee Allen - Congas
Harold Brown, George Suranovich - Drums
Charles Miller - Tenor Saxophone
Howard Scott, John Sterling - Guitar
Lonnie Jordan, Terry Ryan - Piano, Organ
B.B. Dickerson, Kim Kesterson - Bass











http://www.megaupload.com/?d=76SW9LMI

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario